Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Not For the Faint of Heart...

This my dear friends is a huntsman spider. Now why do I have a picture of this you may ask? Well yesterday I was going to pull a lounger into the sun because it was +20 and I wanted to sit outside. Image my shock when I pulled the lounger into the sun and grabbed the cover off. Sitting on the lounger was one of these babies. I think I'm afraid to go back outside, and I will probably never try to sit on the lounger again. (The spider is huge in case you can't tell, about 6 inches long)
E(Liz)abeth

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth!
I am glad you are safe and sound down under. Imagine my surprise when I saw the picture of the spider. Peed my pants I did. I found a spider the size of a loonie in my yard and I was having nightmares. Did you know that of all the poisonous bugs on the planet that can kill you dead in seconds.... like 90% are in Australia. Have fun lounging on the deck. Hee Hee. On a lighter note.....miss you ....and your cookies.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home