Wednesday, May 30, 2007

BRIDGE CLIMB!!...

We'll get to the exciting stuff in a minute but first off...
This was taken before the Wallabies game. Do you know why I can post this on the internet? Because the woman holding up the rum and coke next to my Carlton is my host mom :P

And so to the Bridge Climb. This was just about the best birthday present ever. Score one for Rotary Club of Carlingford. Yesterday was just about perfect. Simon, Ylva, Hilda, Julie, Senni, Doriane, Theresa, and I along with four randoms did the night climb. We sang various songs (including the first two verses of the national anthem) at the top, renamed "Goat Island", and were creeped out by our guide's odd laugh and tendency to pause for too long. A ferry ride home just made it one of my favourite days just ever (like Australia and otherwise)

Sexy climbing suits that "flatter all body types"... oh way to sell it guys.
Far-off wonderment (Official bridge picture)
Just general happiness (also official bridge picture)

And now since Nick has complained that there are no pictures of him...

Today was most definitely not my favourite day with a difficult teacher and my water bottle leaking, ruining five decks of cards. But still... I climbed the bridge :D

Quote: "Just look for a Norwegian with a vague look on her face."

Six weeks and five days...

E(Liz)abeth :)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

=]
first comment
ha
i win
i feel special now that i have my picture displayed for the world to see
kudos liz

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so beyond hurt.

You put this bridge climb as better than when your brother, your ONLY sibling, came and visited you? You are putting this over priced tourist attraction above blood and family? You are comparing an experience that hundreds of thousands of people have experienced as better than the feeling of being the only person in the world who has me as their brother?

Shame Elizabeth, shame.
-Rob -

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha nice face with nik there.. haha
anyways, nice pictures there. I'll give you an email after this weekend (work, ball, footloose) and such.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Bridge climb pictures!

Hey, Raeanne, see you at Footloose.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did someone say FOOTLOOSE!?

11:46 PM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Yes, Rob. Yes I am.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look a little surprised in that photo liz
also....FOOTLOOSE?!?
man! i miss everything cool
no wait, i dont miss it, I'M JSTU NOT INVITED!
le sigh elizabeth, le sigh!

2:51 AM  
Blogger ~Wei~ said...

Holycrap, those suits look mega cool!
Damn you people without massive fears of heights, i cant even stand on escalators going from any floor greater than the second floor.

If that didnt make sense, it means i take the stairs... EVERYWHERE

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz: Hey cuz. Cool pics. Wish I could have been there. Sent you a couple of interesting e-mails; I hope you recieved them. Aunt Brenda, I would send them direct to you too, but in changing over to the iMac I seem to have lost your e-mail address.
Ummh Carlton...we need to talk Cuz. You go half way around the world, tip toe on the edge of the rules and you have something you could have bought in Canada.... What am I going to do with you!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

liz
you have connections
rotary connections
so
bring leo back for me?
and then when you leave ill get the next exchangie dude..that other brazillian guy
to use his connections to bring you back
but first...leo

2:19 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Just as long as we're bringing me back as well.
Sorry Ellie squared no more Footloose. Last show was last night

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this makes my soul cry
footloose is the essence of life
wait...maybe thats david bowie...
all i know is that simon was meant to be with his underage schoolboy crush
we have M.A.T.C.H results to prove it

3:12 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

This has been a happy post to read. Hey liz, WE CLIMBED THE F****** HARBOUR BRIDGE!!!!!! (note my restraint). Brilliant quote, by the way, and I gotta say, we really were flattered by those suits!

I second the motion to bring leo back, followed by you.

Hi Canada! Hope everything's peachy over there, and I'm sorry for not commenting lately... myspace is taking over my life! :'(

P.S> ed, i hate you.

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Simon. Break your addiction to myspace and go over to youtube. Search "western Hamlet" and you will see an awesome parody that some of my grade twelves put together. There are two parts to it.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i second moms motion
i should invest in myspace craving pads to try and ween people off it- i mean nothing against it as a whole, but if it were 'takeing over my life', then i know i'd want a handy patch to soothe those at school cravings....plus cahnces are i could make millions if i can successfully tap into that youth market

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home