Friday, October 13, 2006

Jindabyne, Sam 'n Simon's party, and Hamish Blake...

My goodness it's been a while. That just means this will be one exciting blog!!! (well as exciting as I can make it, and lets face it, I'm pretty tired right now)

First things first, I didn't win on my Oz lotto ticket. Now I'm actually going to have to pay for my safari.

Joy took me to Jindabyne in the Snowy Mountains for four days during this break. I even saw snow. Let's get one thing straight, Australian snow is not snow. However it was only nine degrees on the first day there and I was freezing. Good thing I got my bunnyhug back from Ed before I went.












This is the view from my apartment. We stayed at Joy's friend's place and they have three apartments in their house that they rent out during ski season. So yeah, I had my own apartment. That's lake Jindabyne in the back there.















We drove through Canberra on the way back. This is Australia's parliament house. I think it looks too modern to be Parliament but what can you do?

Then last night was Sam and Simon's Spicks and Specks Spectacular. I would just like to say that team 2 did in fact win (I'm only mentioning it because I was on that team) mainly thanks to Betsy's extensive knowledge of ghetto music and Pink's music videos. However no matter how I work it out 5% of nothing is still nothing... stupid record contract.











These are the two party people themselves.












I wasn't feeling very camera happy last night but here's a picture of Lachlan, Firthy, and me to keep mom happy.
All in all, good times :)

And finally...







This is Hamish Blake. If you are in want of a personal hero he's your guy. If you already have a personal hero, dump them and adopt Hamish Blake as your own. Basically I have come to love Hamish Blake (you can see him on such shows as "Spicks and Specks" and "Thank God You're Here" plus he has a radio show) Therefore I have several quotes of the day...
"So if you weren't asthmatic before you're almost guaranteed to not have it after."
"Who can? Floxicam!"
"I've got it! All of their last names could be first names. Michael Jackson- Jackson... Elton John- John... Ben Folds- nice one Foldsy."
"Philosopher's Stone is an album by who?" "- Not Harry Potter!"

These will seem a lot funnier to those who have seen these episodes of Spicks and Specks and Thank God You're Here because they have context, but Canadians trust me, Hamish Blake is awesome!

Back to school on Monday. Man, I was having so much fun not wearing the uniform.

E(Liz)abeth :)

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sick as first to comment...its been a while.....AND ...YEA ...still i have to say u made canberra LOOK pretty ....but they always say never judge a book by its cover...IM JUST KIDDING...canberra is a lovery holkiday destination...also thanks mom for the birthday wishes ...i kinda didnt read blogs 4 a while!!AMD UM i was gunna say something else...hamish blake is kewl...and hes kinda pretty....BUT channimg tatum is betterer!,,,:) PEACE OUT HOMIES MUCH LOVE ...LIZE IS COOOOLLLLLLLLL :)

1:31 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

OK here we go:

1. Rob you rock. I can now get into your blog. I shall comment in a moment.

2. I was totally in Jindabyne like a few days before Liz, and that makes us both awesome (i also saw snow!!!)

3. Hamish Blake is exceptionally cool (and attractive) but i think liz could have tried to get a photo that better illustrated his boyish good looks.

4. Rob: don't worry about the trial.. nothing to be to concerned with. Just wear some loose clothing and bring your own food and beverages...

5. Peace out.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say I am distressed at the lack of photos of Hamish Blake available... he's so god damn hot, he deserves more justice than like the 2 pictures you can get on google *sigh* not cool man, not cool

Anyways, Jindabyne looks really pretty, i've never been but i will one day!! it's kinda sad that i live in Australia yet have only been like..2 other places other than my local area.. but now Liz, you are supplying me with photos of places and stuff *thumbs up* excellent work

Hope you enjoyed your holidays and thankyou for your prezzie :) been wearing it all day!

Woo school on monday... oh man we have to wear that damn skirt again don't we :S

6:04 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

yes, the lack of pictures of Hamish Blake is a little depressive. If you notice I erased someone out of the picture I put up.
And Sam if it makes you feel any better I live in Canada and have hardly been anywhere (OK, more places than some people but really, BC is two provinces away and I've only been to an airport there. That's sad)

6:45 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Yes Simon, those Riders are the famed Roughriders you have heard so much about. They beat Montreal last night on the last play of the game.

And Elizabeth, I have so much stuff on you it's not even funny. Remember that one day when you did those things with those people and I had to drive to Yorkton to bail you out of jail? Yeah, I know all about that. It would be a shame if I accidentally told mom about that...

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simon looks like Shane in that picture, I think it's a result of combining insane hair with a green shirt. So Liz, are you coming to Anna's b-day party? I heard you were invited...lol

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rejected! i'm so hurt! not even good enough to mention the phone call on your birthday! i'm definitely hurt and you had better make a whole blog just for me to make me feel better!

12:02 PM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Sorry canderz, I did forget several things on this blog (such as I was gonna mention your phone call and how mom should get some sort of prize for being voted out second in three consecutive Survivors) But I was very appreciative of said phone call.
Sorry, can't make it to Anna's. I looked into it apparently I have to spend one uninterrupted year in Australia.
And what green shirt does Shane wear?

8:59 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Bought Las Vegas Season 3 on DVD.

11:24 PM  
Blogger jerky said...

Firstly, this shane character had better be a realy cool guy.

Secondly, Rob, you'd better tell us what liz did

12:03 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

Who did you cut out of which photo? I'm confused! (no, confusion is not an australian thing)

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's really cool, and definitely the sexiest guy i know! :D:D

12:07 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

for reference candace is talking about shane, not hamish blake. And Candace you do realize that means you kind of just called Simon sexy. Curse you Canadian people, between Rae and Candace simon's gonna start thinking he's chick magnet or something.
And i don't know who i cut out. If you Google images Hamish Blake you see who I cut out because there's not many pics of him.
YAY TALKED TO PEOPLE TODAY!!! Love you guys!

1:05 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

Haha I thought you were talking about a pic from my and sam's party, not the hamish blake one... that explains a fair bit.

Thanks Candace :P

Peace out.

4:49 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

yeah, I don't know who that chick in the photo is...

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im so not in this blog conversation.....simon is tho

6:26 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:54 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Good lord this is gettin so confusing. OK, thinking I can clarify out here. Simon apparently you look like Shane (due to crazy hair and green shirt). Candace and Shane are going out and therefore she thinks he's sexy (sorry mom) so really Candace was calling you attractive and she didn't head my warning against doing that. Don't even ask me why I'm saying all this. Possibly my desperation for maximum posts, possibly because i don't want to watch Neighbours.
My poor brain.
First day back and they've already started us on Lear. Who does that on the first day?

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

English teachers are just as crazy in Australia as they are in Canada, eh Mrs. King?? Haha, Candace thinks Simon is sexy...what kind of a world is this?

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I did start my B30s on Hamlet first thing this semester. I wouldn't do it again. However, Lear, why not?

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home