Monday, June 11, 2007

A balmy 6.5 degrees Celsius...

First things first. On Friday I took the Roaming Gnome to school and let Simon loose with my camera and said gnome. This was my favourite picture that resulted from it, but there are a lot of quite amazing ones.

This weekend Mike and Carol took me to the Blue Mountains. I had only ever driven through them. In spite of no electricity and thus no heat, plus two seven degree days it was really nice. The Blue Mountains really are beautiful. I went a little camera happy and have so many scenery shots. Mom will be happy because she was complaining I was taking too many pictures of my friends.

Part of the Morgan's property at Mt. Wilson. They have 24 acres.

Chocolate cafe at Katoomba. You melt your own hot chocolate. It was basically just the bomb (I cannot believe I just used that phrase... damn you Ed!)

ICE!!!! Honest-to-God-formed-because-it's-just-too-cold ICE!!! I was so happy to see this stuff.


OK, so we took this railway down the mountain called the scenic railway. At it's steepest it has an incline of 52 degrees. It's the line the miner's used to take down, but they put a fancy new train/cart thingy on it. This is the old one they used to take down.

Gus and I walking at the Morgan's property.

And what was the greatest thing to come out of this weekend? My Ugg boots. Seriously, I don't care if US weekly says they are unstylish, I can now feel my toes and there is nothing better than that.

Quote from Amelie: "I'm nobody's little weasel." (Don't you love French pet names?)

Four weeks and six days (I never should've written the countdown in B-Jamin's book)

E(Liz)abeth

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom says I haven't commented in a while so here's a comment. Hi! And I don't think I've ever been first post before. So yeah for me!
-Rob

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Australian ice - now there's an oxymoron!

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canadians first..
haha I enjoyed the pictures. they look good.. I still have lots to tell you and haven't got around to the email.. anyways I shall to it tomorrow hopefully. Love ya!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

that is not australian ice. i have a pic taken near my house of me practically surfing on ice! i'll see if i can upload it, or i'll send it to liz.
Anthony :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

ok, so basically i cant put a picture as a commwent, but i can put one on my myspace! so if you are interested, theres a pic of me from about year 7 in north ryde sliding down a hill covered in hail.
www.myspace.com/buckleyschance
Anthony :)

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! im 'damn you ed!'
i feel famous and special!
yeah....blue mountains gets kinda chilly
i remember one day my family and i were bored..mostly cause we all had hte day off..so we decided to, you know, drive up to teh blue moutains, just for kicks
we were there for a total of about 1 hour
minus driving time
not the greatest decision in the world let me tell you
but i should befriend this new host family of yours..they ahve some pretty hot property*

*can be seen as reference to australian tv show hosted by dude from the castle

6:51 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

oh man...that was a terrible tv show...

peace out.

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thankg god your your here is having a new series soon :D:D

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good news hunny
when you get back to canada and then when you turn 19 cosmos are only 7.25 at pumpjacks. and they're wonderful.
:)

11:48 PM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

See it's that whole turning 19 thing I need to do.
That's why Australia is superior to Canada- drinking age is only 18

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technically it is only superior to BC, Saskatchewan, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and the three territories. We have 3 provinces equally as cool.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lize, October 5th we are hitting up every single bar in Saskatoon.
-Rob-

BTW, not being able to post under my blogger account is really starting to tick me off.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow rob im impressed you know your sisterts birthday and that you wanna celebrate with her!! youll have to give my bro, brother lessons!

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doesnt 10th comment = another post?

3:28 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm working on it. I've been very busy Nicholas.

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know.. the one time i dont read your blog and i miss the section about me... Its kinda funny, picture of an asian with money, *snort*

p.s that chocolate shop serves stuff familiar to Max Brenner here in sydney, a visit must be planned!

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update your damn blog!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, update your darn blog!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home