Thursday, June 07, 2007

Presidents and Parties (that's right, I went for the alliteration)...

So basically it's been over a week which means mom probably isn't too happy. But what can you do? I've become opposed to posting again unless I get over 10 comments and that seems to take a while nowadays.


This is Rotary International President William (Bill) Boyd. Went to a dinner last Friday and met him. $90 a plate, thank God I wasn't paying.

This is from the final district organized exchangie BBQ. These are my lovely and wonderful counsellors Maddie and Bobby plus Julie Julie, Nao, Kirk, and I. We're team Canapan (oh, hybrid words ;) )
Team Canada

Then Sunday night was Ed and Smitty's birthday party. Wei, Ellie, and I played the pokies and totally came out ahead (thus picture below)

The rest of my life isn't too interesting right now. I haven't been able to feel my toes in a very long time. It gets quite chilly down here in Aus. Today was Free Canadian Crap Day (Nesbitt declared it a national holiday) so I got rid of all my Canadian souvenirs. I reckon with the stuff I've been giving away and all the stuff Candace took home I shouldn't have to ship anything back home. Called Sarah today. Man I miss that kid! Well I miss all my Canadians...

I guess only slightly over five weeks until I see them again.

But then I'll miss my Aussies.

Quite the condundrum...

And MOM, shouldn't you be encouraging teenagers to be outside, taking in the fresh air and nature and such... not glueing them to youtube?

Anywho, quote of the day: "And of course trying to snort diet coke off a midget's head is nearly impossible." -Alan Brough

And now just general advice: When your host mom asks if you want an umbrella, you should really take it!

E(Liz)abeth :)

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool
first again
9 to go until new post arrives
davo is leaving next wednesday
mcdonalds for everyone
liz you shouldnt accept an umbrella its not the way to go
i didnt know you guys went and gambled
very good work
=]

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAVO IS LEAVING!? as in science teacher wtf?? sadness

...8 to go

p.s. FREE CANADIAN CRAP DAY RULES (just wait till you see my fridge ;))

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youtube is great when used for educational purposes.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lize, what was the name of that flower we were talking about...the one candace likes...I wanted to find a picture but couldn't remember what it's called

10:46 PM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Frangipani

And Davo's getting sucked in by he evil american conglomerate (it's not really a conglomerate... I just like the word conglomerate)

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like the first picture of you and....president...man
all dolled up and pretty
and HECK YEAH ITS COLD
i have the heating on...24 degrees, yet im wearing school trackies, bed socks, slippers, thermal singlet, jumper, two knitted vests, football jersey and scarf....my fingers are cold though
I HAVE LOST ALL ABILITY TO STORE WARMTH

3:56 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

well whoopty-doo elizabeth june. YOU might have won money, but you lost MY $2!!! I PUT MY FAITH IN YOU!!! DOES THAT MEAN NOTHING TO YOU???

Probably karma for my illegally gambling through someone else..... I really am karma's bitch.

Don't worry ellie, davo's not leaving for ever, just 3 months.

peace out.

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah simon i think its time to become some sort of monk. if all you do is care for the world, there will be no way you can be karma's bitch anymore.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg lize! a tattoo is visible!! quickly delete the picture before your mom sees it!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good advice, Candace, but it's too late. I've seen it. Probably Elizabeth visited some back alley tattooist near King's Cross for that abomination. If she had to get a tattoo, couldn't she have got a discreet Southern Cross between her toes?

Hey, tenth comment. Doesn't that mean Elizabeth post new photos ... perhaps this time with her wearing long sleeves.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...hold on... lize did you get a tattoo on your arm!?

10:21 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

HA! those are perminant marker marks with selvas email address!
Anthony :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger jerky said...

Gosh Liz. Disappointed in your integrity. Tatoos in the Cross!!

peace out.

p.S. good advice candace

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home