Sunday, November 05, 2006

Second host family....

Well I'm out in North Ryde now. So far so good. I have three host siblings; Graeme who's 20, Alisha who's 16, and Laura who's 9. I wonder if I'll get middle child complex... meh, I like having younger siblings. Laura is really cute, though I'll have to teach her to not go into my wallet without asking me. I've already learned to use chopsticks though I am doing it wrong. I refuse to do it right handed, even though that is the right way to do it. But I'm remaining strong, I won't turn my back on my left-handedness.
I'm also teaching myself to play guitar because Clara has a guitar in her room (Clara is the outbound girl, she's the reason I'm at her house and the reason I'm getting kicked out January 5th, because she's coming back from Japan and needs her bed) and an instructional booklet so I figure I might as well take a whack at it. The whole family is really musical. Laura and Alisha both play violin. Victor (dad) plays piano. Graeme plays piano and guitar. Clara plays flute and guitar. It's probably a good thing I played tenor sax once upon a yore so I fit in a little bit.
Tomorrow is camp, but the weather sucks so I don't know how awesome it will be. Actually, that's a lie. It will be fun just hanging out with everyone for three days and all that, but most of our activities that are planned are outdoors, so I'm not sure how it's going to work.
Today quote I learned from Simon "Q: What did the blind, deaf kid get for Christmas? A: A Bike (Answered censored for those who wouldn't find this funny... note: real answer is in my Earth Enviro book)

See you guys on the other side of camp (or at camp as the case might be for some)
E(Liz)abeth

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WANNA KNOW THE REAL ANSWER TO THE JOKE!
no fair liz- no fair- just for that, ima like, i dunno, shove thigns up my nose to breathe uuber heavy in my sleep now!AND THE REST OF THE CABIN WILL HATE YOU FOR IT.

1:03 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

It really is quite inappropriate for a family blog such as this. I'll tell you on camp tomorrow.

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhaha NOT FUNNY ED!! do that and ya might find yaself sleeping outside!!! NOT IN MY CABIN!!! hahahaha camp will be so uber fun....(i cant stop saying uber!!) oh and putyour bets in for melbourne cup!! comonTAWQEET!!!!

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its also kind of unfair to censor the real answer for those of us who will never have access to your earth/enviro notebook....

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with candace

6:39 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I agree with Candace and Sarah.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Elizabeth wants to keep her blog "mom appropriate" at all times. Maybe she will take a photo of the appropriate earth/enviro page and email it to Sarah, Candace, and Rob.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten comments are enough. Let's move on to a new entry, Elizabeth -hopefully one with photos.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah i need sleep...

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST POST CAMP COMMENT- nicks doesnt count cause he didnt say it- AND I AGREE WITH CANDACE, SARAH, ROB AND RAEANNE AND IM STILL IN CAPS, yeah, i agree with them even though i know the answer, and its pretty hilarious i might add
i got weirdly sunburnt on camp, hows about you?
i also made up teh ebst song ever on camp, "beat hair of the century"- liz agrees witht hat one, so its a win by default

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home