Saturday, December 16, 2006

Pre-Rob weekend...

Just having a relaxing weekend before my dear ol' brother gets to Australia. I battled a really, really bad case of homesickness last week, but I'm feeling heaps better now thanks to Ed, Rae, and Maddie (so thanks guys!!!) And mom, yes I didn't tell you, but you only would've worried and now I'm over it so you aren't allowed to mention it. So yes, this weekend is just catching up on sleep, finishing up "Chapel Perilous" for drama, creating some Christmas cards, and reading. I went for a walk this morning and tomorrow I'll probably watch "A Very Specky Christmas". I was going to try to get to "Carols in the Domain" in the city last night but I had no way of getting there. My, what a life I lead!

Rob gets here on Monday. I have some definite plans and then I have some abstract ideas about what should happen whilst he's here. I know Joy's picking me up at 630 in the morning on Monday to take me to the airport to get him. We'll just work from there.

However, thank God for it almost being summer hols. I really, really, really need the break. There have been too many assessment tasks recently. Not to mention now I'm starting my application for U of S so that's just another thing to worry about. I do apparently have a job for next year though, so that is a big deal since Australia is taking all of my money.

And now for two boomerang inspired cartoons: The first is Cyanide and Happiness and the second one is White Ninja (who I think we figured is Canadian)

Today's quote comes from "The Sound of Music" via our Earth Enviro class "What is it you can't face?"... I hate that I was the only one to immediately get that.

Well, off to finish my exciting weekend.

E(Liz)abeth :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Wes is taking me to the airport in about 15 minutes. See you in like 35 hours!!!!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that the minute you and Rob are together, Joy takes a photo and you post it. Who cares if you are in your school clothes.

Don't be homesick. Bob and I eat bacon and eggs for supper when we are too busy for anything else. And today it was icy, windy, and blizzardy.

Love ya!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROB IS TOTALLY 100% IN AUSTRALIA!! Totally met him today... He's real!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol rob sounds canadian ...i laughed ...but dont worry mom i gave him a greeting hug:) ...AND lizzy loo i got the quote of teh day ..after miss said it a few times ..lol ...UR ON MY DESKTOP TOO ..one of those fabulous view pictures ..HOW LOVERLY ...:) peace out rocketeers

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob sounds Canadian, but, tell me, does Elizabeth sound Australian? This time when we talked to her, it was the first time she didn't sound quite as Canadian. Australians, give me the scoop! Is she starting to sound like you?

7:23 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Lize doesn't have an Aussie accent at all. At least I don't think so. But she does use a lot of Aussie words that I don't understand.

And I already know after 24 hours that Ed and simon are going to be a bad influence on me.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home