Wednesday, January 24, 2007

6 Month Mark...

Today is my six month anniversay of my arrival in this great country we call Australia. Three month anniversay was my first memories. This will be my favourite five pictures up to this date in time.
















This picture Ed took herself. I love the shot of the frenge-a-pennies (that is how it is said, though surely not how it's spelled) with the harbour bridge in the background. This was from New Year's Eve.
















I love how dense this shot it with just the wall of leaves and then the koalas. This was taken by me at the Koala Park in West Pennant Hills.
















You've already seen this one but it is by far the best picture I've ever taken (I lightened this one a little bit since apparently it was too dark) I just love how happy they both look and (if I wanted to get all technical and smart) the levels created and how their bodies kind of mirror each other.. and yeah.
















This is my favourite picture that has me in it. It's from my birthday party and it's Selva or Ellie holding the camera. I just like how happy all three of us look.















I like the angle and just the set up. Good on Nick for taking this picture whilst running up the mountain on the Earth Enviro excursion.

So yes, my favourite five pictures (and only one of which you've seen before) We now have a better computer so I'll try and do two or three more picture posts before I move to the Mariotts.

Now for a quick update: Had an excellent movie day at Ed's complete with lime green cupcakes, tomorrow I'm going to "Sweeney Todd" at the Opera House and Friday is the Whitlams for Australia day. I went surfing on the Central Coast on the weekend and then got trapped in Avoca by bush fires. School starts on Tuesday and I really don't mind getting back into the uniform. Leo goes home on the fourth and that really sucks because Leo is the only one who understands both Carlo life and exchangie life.

And can I just say that the Aussie/Canada fight has been really entertaining for me. I'm proud of Ed holding her against all the Canadians and proud of the Canadians for standing by Tim Hortons. And as a note to Raeanne I don't miss watching hockey because I never was a hockey person in the first place (that's probably why I'm in Australia, not by choice but I was actually kicked out)

And I got a package from mom this morning; CORNER GAS SEASON 3!!!! I didn't realize how amazing "Corner Gas" was until I came to Australia but now I am utterly addicted. Gotta love it.

My two lessons from last week: It actually is "texta" and not "texter" with an Aussie accent and Beecroft Station is a hell of a lot further from Baulkham Hills than I'd originally thought.

Quote of the day comes from an article out of an Aussie newspaper: "...It's not like Canada, which is an enchanted land of love, where everyone's honest and trusting and good-looking, with bitchin', pumped up pecs." Made me laugh for about 10 minutes.

Elizabeth :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all Aussies who read this: I'm a little suspicious as Elizabeth has now presented two blog entries with NO PICTURES OF HER. Can you tell me if she has dyed her hair platinum blonde and chemically straightened it and/or had the Southern Cross tattooed on her cheek and/or shaved her eyebrows and/or pierced her ears with those horrible things that eventually make your earlobes hang to your shoulders. I'm worried that there is some reason she hasn't let her mother see recent photos of her.

And another thing, can someone spell the name of the flower correctly? I'm curious what it is.

Elizabeth, why would that quote make you laugh? It sounded like an honest representation to me.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man you should see my pecs lately...super pumped!

6:15 PM  
Blogger jerky said...

1. Did you guys do that surfing lesson thing? How exciting!!
2. I haven't been here in ages, hey!
3. Liz has tattoos. Sorry Liz. Your Mom needs to know...


-Peace out.

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh hi-5 to simon for finally speaking up,i didnt wanna be the one to break the news, and she has blonde hair and a few ear piercings, and over in aus you spell frangipanis like that.. :)
and yes i didnt even notice how good my picture taking skills are cause the last photo looks like theres no path behind them and yeah its a good choice

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are some hot pictures
and mom- liz did none of the things the boys said
all she did was get a conjoined twin attached so she would never have to be alone- no biggy, just an extra mouth...arm, leg and head!
i am also proud of simon- its almost one step closer to not failing at bloglife
almost one step...

10:32 PM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Why would I shave my eyebrows? That's just insane.
I'm curious what would happen to mom if I didn't send any pictures of me home for the next six months... what would she picture? This could be a fun game *insert evil laughter*

5:50 AM  
Blogger RF said...

frangipani :)

11:11 PM  
Blogger RF said...

dam nick already said it opps:)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home