Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I'm moving!!!...

Well it turns out that I am moving on Friday. This will be my last post from Baulkham Hills.































Two pictures from the Whitlams on Australia day.
















This is from Leo's BBQ. Do you know what the sad thing is? The photographer of this picture cut Leo out. And I am slouching but only so the shorter can be seen.
















Maggie, Moritz (now known as "Fritz"), and me.

And we are back at Carlo. So far there is nothing glaringly wrong with this year. Yesterday I was just dying though because the uniform isn't so great in really hot weather. But other than yesterday's heat the year is along the lines of "so far so good"

On Monday Simon, Ellie, and I went into the city. This makes two successful excursions to the city with Ellie. We went to the Aquarium and Oporto (totally worth mentioning since Simon couldn't finish his mousse) and caught a ferry back the Meadowbank. On the ferry ride back we really disturbed the peace and figured out that Ellie and I probably shouldn't be friends... but she's awesome so we'll ignore that.

And finally Leo goes home on Sunday. That sucks. There's no other way to say it. He's been the best Brazilian Carlo has ever seen. We'll be at the airport bright and early on Sunday morning to see him off. My favourite Leo memory? My second week here getting stuck in Wollstonecraft with him, Connie, and Jade (y'all remember that story) Leo called Gabba (since it was Gabba's fault we got on the wrong train) and asked in English "Can I yell at you in Portugeuse? I know more swear words." Leo, you rock!


(Please ignore Braydon)











E(Liz)abeth

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FIRST COMMENT HI-FIVES ALL 'ROUND!!
yeah, australia is hot
the whitlams are hot
leo is hot--hence we are sad that he is leaving
also sad he is leaving because it means we will have to deal with a whimpering simon for weeks- sitting there, in the corner, rocking back and forth, whispering the name of his lost one..leeeooo
its gonna suck

plus we'll miss leo

2:04 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

Whoa...this is a very emotional blog for the following reasons:
1. I love the whitlams, and couldn't go
2. That oporto meal was so filling. And I felt so sick!
3. Leo is definitely the best Brazilian I have ever met. Probably one of the best people I have ever met.
4. I love ferry rides. I also love that we were so noisy.
5. I totally took that last photo


Peace out.

2:07 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

thanks, ed.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

What time is your lunch this term? and what time is that here in Saskatchewan? BTW, how's that disc of photos coming?

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

liz totally seemed to avoid mentioning we went to the aquarium as well.... i ran into a shark's mouth!!

and liz.... we so shouldnt be friends.... BUT IM SO GLAD WE ARE!!

and rob we went to the same oporto we went to in the city with you! wondering if you were getting cravings for it yet?

10:38 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Lize better bring me back an Oporto burger when she comes home. And some Curly Wurly's.

But more importantly Ellie. You need to move to Saskatoon right now!!! The Executive Director for the Saskatoon Ultimate Disc Association job just opened up here in Saskatoon. You need to move here and get that job!!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger jerky said...

mmm... curly wurlies....
Good to hear you got back safe, rob.

P.S. Aquarium rocks hardcore.

Peace out.

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rob, how may i apply for this job!? and do i get to paid to play frisbee!?! hahaha cos that would ROCK!!

btw liz if you buy rob an oporto burger i want in on the deal!!!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

canadians.... may i say milk in a bag..... excuse my here but WTF!?

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will cry on the inside this coming sunday at 11.45 cause hell be gone
that is all
i cant talk about it without gettin emotional and all that its so depressing

4:47 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

you get paid to run ultimate disc. I'm sure they would let you play too. I just saw the job posting on the board at school the other day. Don't think you would get too rich doing it though.

I remember the aquarium. Bit of a rip off. ($27!!!) Although the croc sign was sweet. I was a little mad the staff wouldn't let me jump in and wrestle the great white.

9:21 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

I will probably be crying on the outside tomorrow. Man I'm sad.

Peace out.


:'(

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok fine if everyone is crying on the outside tomorrow then ill give into peer pressure and do the same
less than 24 hours to go
NOOO
:(

8:33 PM  
Blogger jerky said...

I'm glad to see you've given in to peer pressure. It's what god wants.

Sorry to use this for un-forgivable shameless advertising, but incase people want to know, my blog address has changed to http://www.simonsaysno.blogspot.com/

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do remember!! haha
Wollstonecraft, the place we could see the harbour bridge nicely

xX

3:22 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

I saw Wollstonecraft on a TV show the other day... something about a teenage girl chat-room addict runaway... gross...

Peace out.

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey liz, wanted to check how aussie we have made you.... so do you know what stump-cam is?

3:54 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Ooh Ooh Ooh!!! I know!!!! (I think)

That's when they put a little camera in the wickets during cricket games right?

9:00 AM  
Blogger RF said...

i got cut outta ur photo
okaye now im sad

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha rob your almost more aussie then your sister

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home