Saturday, February 24, 2007

Umina Weekend...

First of all yay for me being in Australia for seven months and one day. My God I've been here a long time. And also yay for me figuring out how to post more than just five pictures.

So this weekend was our Umina Weekend. Gotta love all the exchangies in one place. I don't know why these Aussies keep complaining about droughts though and as we got a pretty good rain Saturday night and then all day today. It was still an amazing weekend though (was there ever any doubt?)


Sexy feet
at the
bush dance
on Saturday
night.












Canadian
contigent













The gum
tree dance.
Everyone
has attractive
hats on.










Challenge
ranch (girls
rocked out)











Reptile

park.
















The Friday
night party
people
(some day
I'll learn
to take my
swimmers)








Group shot
at Reptile
Park.











Pepsi
Max ad
just for
Ed.












What we
did to Kirk
when it was
raining.










Train ride
home (poor

other people
on the train)









So yes, fantastic weekend. Highlights include buying Tim Tams and hot chocolate, coming second in the scavenger hunt (though I'm sure those German speakers totally cheated), doing the Nut Bush, the Virginia Reel, the Matila Waltz, and various other choreographed dance, swimming in my clothes, Johnny's underwater beat-boxing, getting attacked by emus, gaining a new nickname, scaring the people away from us on the train platform, and cramming onto the train. And the greatest thing? Only six days until we all see each other again. How good is that? There may be one low light which involves my phone being commandeered for the entire weekend, but I'll let you know about that one.

Quote of the day: "Who wouldn't want to get a hickey from Rasmus?"

E(Liz)abeth :)

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you definitely should be wishing you were going to school in saskatoon this year so you could have gone to rascal flatts on friday night. it was beyond amazing and i got to see sode. really, what more could you ask for in a weekend?

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lize whats your new nickname? and i now offically hate 90% of male exchange students.... liz i dont know if you should hang around them!! btw i luv how kirk always get picked on!!

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it makes me happy to see hot exchangie boys drinking pepsi max
but i hate to tell you- i've pretty much kicked my habit
though i still get cans out of the fridge, they just sit, on my table, unopened, making my sister think im about to open a can at like 11pm on weeknights

1:00 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

Ed, I'm shocked. Utterly shocked.

Sounds like you had a good weekend Liz.

THANKS MOM AND DAD FOR THE POSTCARD!!! It arrived today. I love getting mail!! (We're glad Liz is in our group of friends too!)

Yeah liz, what's your new nicname? (repeating ellie a little)

Hope all is well in Exchangie land and Canadia!

Peace out.

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apparently one of my friends got to go backstage and party with rascal flatts and some other dude...I am not jealous, but you might be

7:00 PM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Maybe not jealous, but good for Candace (I'm assuming it's Candace) I mean Rascal Flatts are good and all, but they're no Whitlams.
And in agreeance with Simon's comment about Ed.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aussie children, listen up! Remember the full-naming you were using: Elizabeth! ELIZABETH!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

I think we should just call Elizabeth 'Bum Bum Head'. It's easier to remember than either Lize or Elizabeth and it's funny cause it's true.

8:49 PM  
Blogger jerky said...

Hey Elizabeth "Bum Bum Head" King,
I totally saw you at school today again!!

in other news... I GOT MY P'S TODAY!!!!!!! (Canadians: this means I can drive by myself)

Woot!

Peace out.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH SIMON!!! we can have a car crash and pull off an insurance scheme now!! (lemme fix up my car first from that other car running into first.... then we can crash again!!)

btw this is totally re-assuring for liz's parents..... they must think im sum insane girl who drives her duaghter around and crashes.... but im not... people just run into me!

BTW ROB.... I ATE OPORTO TODAY!! *mmmm oporto sauce*

2:36 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Ellie, why didn't you inform me of your Oporto craving? I definitely would've forgone Rotary food for Oporto. Love Rotary, but really wanted to go to that movie

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i didnt have an oporto craving... we were there oproto was there.... next minute.... i and oproto where in the same there!

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its not shocking that ed and pepsi max arent joined at the hip anymore
i mean, we still see each other, but its just not an all the time thing like it has been in the past
something changed- i dont know when or what it is, but it changed
now it'll never be the same...

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umina was great!!
miss u guys

xX

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home