Friday, March 23, 2007

Kangaroos and Trivia...

EIGHT MONTH ANNIVERSARY!!!!

This is my last post from Oatlands. Tomorrow morning I'm moving to my *last* host family in Epping. I'm excited because I won't be in the middle of nowhere anymore but let's face it, the Marriott's are extremely generous and cool and I'm really going to miss them. For a going away gift they even got me the DVDs of "Chaser's War on Everything"!!! But before I leave I decided to post some pictures because they have an excellent internet connection and posting pictures will never again be as easy as it is here in Oatland.

First some pictures from Sussex Inlet.



Spot the
kangaroo































Trivia Night Pictures!











Our team :)
It was so much fun. We were the youngest team there by decades and we made the team behind us really hate us because we were (in my opinion) just enjoying ourselves. They may have been taking it a little too seriously, but then again we were being quite loud. We really sucked at the trivia. However thanks to our wicked awesome Easter bonnet and skills at world flags and jumbled capital cities we actually finished quite close to the top of the heap. Nick came ever so close to winning Head and Tails, but stuffed up in the last round. And I'm still mad at Simon for buying ten tickets off Stephan and only three off me. Where's the sense of Carlo loyalty?
Today's quote isn't so much a quote as two fun facts: Julia Tan is the New Zealander responsible for global warming and Samantha Bates is the golf champion that died in 2002.
Better go finish packing :(
E(Liz)abeth :)

15 Comments:

Blogger jerky said...

I FOUND THE KANGAROO!
And Trivia Night was sooooooooooooo much fun. That other table was full of old prudes (and that comment is not representative of Rotarians as a whole)

We were kinda loud...

Peace out.

P.S. Wo ist die nächtest Schwulenbar?

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:'( :'( :'(

..... lize you just moved into your LAST host family!! it seemed like a week ago u just moved into oatlands....

:'(

im gonna be SOOO depressed when you leave!!! so little time left.... we gotta make most of it!!!

*LUV YOU LIZ!!*

10:29 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

But Ellie, your still coming to visit next year right? You will see Lize again. And you better be coming. I've already began to set up your bathtub bed.

It took me 5 tries, but i finally learned to take the pillows and blankets out when I have a shower. They kept getting wet for some reason.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha yeah im coming next year!! even if i dont make the team ill come!!!!

little disturbing you have a bed ready for me though!!!

btw is simon trying to stab liz with a carrot in that photo?

11:35 PM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

THIS COMMENT IS LEGALLY BINDING
Simon Anthony Mould shall never receive a penny from Elizabeth June King's death, be it directly from the insurance company or from Ms. King's parents in their will.
(Find a loop hole in that one, Simon Anthony)

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i have a penny?
- i promise i wont give it to simon!

1:28 AM  
Blogger jerky said...

It's not signed.

Peace out.

P.S. I will also miss you :(
...but i'm totally in north america next june-ish, so we will totally hang (kirk too)

2:07 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Well how the hell am I supposed to sign a computer document?
That's it, I just refuse to die and I'll also find a way to kick you out of my parents will...

But I will still miss you

Ellie too

And basically everyone...

Ellie, you can have a penny.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOOYEAH!!! i get a penny!!1 (;iz - originally that re -YEAHYA i get a penny.... but then realised that was risking my penny, so it changed.... :) )

7:07 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Lize, have you already forgotten? When you die, me and Ed get all the money and we're going to split it.

Mine and Ed's list of ways to knock you off is currently at 1,346. Hmmm, maybe we should start putting some of those ideas into place.

11:53 AM  
Blogger E-liza-beth said...

Shouldn't just one of the ideas sufffice?

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rob and i are being PROACTIVE liz
PROACTIVE!
and yeah- no money to anyone else....ellie can get a drawing of a penny... or an impression on one.."hey ellie, look at me...im a penny! small, and round and exchanged for goods and services!"
see, that was a great impression on a penny- totally better than the real thing
and rob- your right! we should stsart practicing- we should build minature everything out of playdough and do role plays to work out how its all going to go down
then we shall be prepared

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all Carlingford-ers: take care of my Elizabeth. I hear she has a cold so please give her cough medicine and cough drops and anything else that will make it go away by Saturday. Note to Elizabeth: do not take anything that Ed gives you.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so Elizabeth.
the Aussie's may miss you later on.
but i miss you know.
:[

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. lize's blog is GREAT for study procrastination.

oh man oh man oh man physics!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home